- TITLE: Six in Sixty Six
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1966
- SYNOPSIS: Sequel to the outstandingly popular "Six of the Best" A Castrol film showing six motorcycle racing events from around Europe. They are the dragon Rally in Wales, Grass track racing, the Dutch T.T., the Cleveland Sporting Trials, information about motorbike riding education for both young and old in England and a motorbike scrambling event organised for television by the BBC and the ACU.
- BP ASSET ID: 803439
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 00:01:10 START Opening titles with animated chess board style graphics and ascending numbers appearing. Followed by an animated target and stripes. Dragon Rally in Wales. 00:01:59 High Panning shot of campsite in Wales. 00:02:14 Various shots of motorcycle riders in roads through Wales, some country and hilly, some in the towns with crowds. V/O is a poem read in a Welsh accent about motorbike riding in Wales. 00:03:13 Various shots of people setting up tents in wind and rain and other camping activities (including lighting fires). 00:05:15 Shot of people going into a marquee which holds the Castrol Film Show. 00:05:22 GVs of campsite. 00:05:32 Various shots of bikes driving off in the dark - the Headlamp Parade. Good shots of the lights snaking around roads. 00:06:16 Various shots of a large bonfire and crowds. 00:07:05 Grass Track Championship. Various shots of stationary bikes and spectators arriving 00:07:37 Various shots of people pushing riders on bikes. 00:07:57 Various shots of grass track racing with commentary. 00:08:15 Various shots of crowds in between races. 00:08:35 Shots of sidecar grass track racing. 00:10:00 More shots of motorcycle grass track racing; the riders get caught up in the string that shows that starting line. 00:10:59 Shot of trophy table with 5 trophies, a man walks up to the table and puts one of the trophies under his jacket but is caught. 00:11:03 Various shots of the Braintree Carnival Queen presenting the trophies. 00:11:24 Cleveland Sporting Trials. Various shots of bikes going over hills, rocky terrain and though streams with small groups of spectators watching. 00:16:24 Shots of the riders after trials. 00:16:48 Dutch TT in Assen. Shot of a windmill at sunrise / sunset. 00:16:58 GVs of Assen at the beginning of the T.T. celebrations. 00:17:14 Various shots of the crowds in the rain. 00:17:26 Various shots of motorbike riders and their bikes at the starting grid (also includes 4 new Yamaha 4s) including Mike Hailwood. 00:18:09 Various shots of the race and spectators. 00:20:40 Various shots of Mike Hailwood receiving his prize and winners laurel. 00:21:03 Safe Ride. A montage of various shots of different motorcycle sports. 00:21:27 Shot of boys in a school classroom where the teacher is giving a demonstration about engines. 00:21:47 Various shots of young boys learning to ride bikes 00:21:56 Shots of people being taught to ride a scooter with Castrol donating equipment. 00:22:55 Various shots of customised bike with balancing wheel testing tyre treads on a skid pad and a man with a clipboard recording results. 00:23:36 Various shots in a laboratory testing engines and suspensions systems. Machinery with dials and gauges. 00:24:14 Various shots of young boys learning to scramble as part of the Duke of Edinburgh Awards scheme. 00:25:35 Various shots of the boys riding on the roads together. 00:26:00 Television scramble Grandstand trophy scramble at Frome in Somerset - organised for TV by the BBC and the A.C.U. Various shots of the television crew arriving and setting up to film the scramble - shots of cameras, trucks and towers. 00:26:52 Shots in the mobile control room looking at footage of the practice. 00:27:15 Shots of Murray Walker talking to A.C.U's Harold Taylor and BBC's Brian Johnson. 00:27:28 Various shots around the paddock and a quick shot of Murray Walker having a go at scrambling. 00:27:44 Shots in the mobile control room looking at footage of an interview. 00:28:20 Various shots of the race and spectators. 00:31:00 Ends with shots of chequered flag. 00:31:11 END.