- TITLE: Works Entry
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1963
- SYNOPSIS: A film following the Alpine Rally 1963, starting and finishing in Marseilles and following its course through mountains, towns and villages.
- BP ASSET ID: 803458
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: Other
- SHOTLIST: A Castrol Film, Commentary by Raymond Baxter. 00:00:50 POV car driving down mountain road. GVs of sports cars in the Competition Department of the British Motor Corporation with mechanics working on cars. Ford Cortina being driven like crazy round a track. Mechanics working on cars at the Ford Competition Department. Support team drinking at table. Drivers get briefed by team manager. 00:06:41 Drivers arrive at Marseilles harbour in their cars. Drivers given a briefing. The race begins at night. Cars drive through French town, snow-covered mountains and village. POV car driving down mountain road. 00:16:53 Cars parked in rows before the next stage of the race. Race begins. Cars race along mountain roads. Car crashes into bank. Mechanics working on the cars at the end of the day. Racing along mountain roads in mist the following morning. Cars being repaired. Driving along snow-covered mountains. 00:30:55 Mechanics waiting to tend to cars as drivers bring them to them on the final day. GVs of race. Cars arrive back in Marseilles. 00:35:51 END.