- TITLE: Sir Malcolm Campbell's Record Breaking Career MUTE
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1950
- SYNOPSIS: This film depicts the record breaking career of Sir Malcolm Campbell from 1928 until he died in 1948.
- BP ASSET ID: 803418
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: B&W
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: The film features footage from many of his attempts to break the world land speed record, in Bluebird, at Daytona Beach, the road to Verneuk Park, South Africa, and the Bonneville Salt Flats near Salt Lake City, Utah, USA. It also includes footage of him becoming the first man to drive at speeds over 300 mph and his attempts at the world water speed record in the marine version of Bluebird, including jet propelled testing. Film is mute with intertitles. 00:02:00 - Bluebird arrives in America. Good GVs of 1928 New York and New York Harbour including boats and liners. Followed by footage at Daytona Beach including footage of Bluebird and the record attempt (although this footage is very out of focus). 00:04:27 South African desert, the road to Verneuk Park. Footage of a car driving through the desert and GVs of the desert. 00:05:13 Good footage of Bluebird stationary (LS). 00:05:45 Tyres being put on to the car and title with information about the tyres. 00:06:27 Land speed record attempt (WS). 00:07:29 Bluebird being towed by a truck. 00:08:35 Lots of cars and bikes driving 'in convoy' Followed by footage of Sir Malcolm Campbell getting in Bluebird and footage of the land speed record attempt. 00:10:50 1932 Land speed record attempt. 00:11:10 Sir Malcolm Campbell riding around on a push bike. 00:12:00 Good WS of a world land speed record (clear). 00:12:10 1933 New record is set title and accompanying footage. 00:13:25 An event of some sort with Sir Malcolm Campbell standing next to Bluebird surrounded by a marching band. 00:13:45 Bluebird at Daytona Beach for another record attempt. 00:15:36 GVs around Salt Lake City, Utah. 00:16:00 Sir Malcolm Campbell floating in a salt lake followed. 00:16:45 Filling up Bluebird with Castrol. 00:17:50 world record attempt at the Salt Flats. 00:19:41 shots of newspaper headlines relating to Sir Malcolm Campbell's record breaking. 00:20:26 Launching of the first marine Bluebird at Loch Lomond, shots of a crane lowering the vessel in the loch and GVs at the Loch. 00:21:02 Lake Maggiore, Switzerland, shots of Bluebird during the water speed record attempt. 00:22:19 Crowds congratulating Sir Malcolm Campbell and he does a piece to camera however as the film is mute cannot tell what he is saying. 00:29:28 Bluebird becomes jet propelled - shots of testing the marine vehicle.