- TITLE: Riding the Edge
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1975
- SYNOPSIS: This film follows Steve Gervais, Canadian motorcycle champion sponsored by Castrol on his journey to becoming a contender for the world championship. The film features Steve competing in races against more experienced and renowned competitors such as Kenny Roberts. There is a lot of motorcycle racing footage as well as interviews with Steve and his mechanic.
- BP ASSET ID: 803413
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: The film opens with an I/V with Steve Gervais about his career followed by footage from his mechanics workshop and the Castrol Motorcycle Canadian Grand Prix at the Motorcycle Grid at Mosport Park circuit, Canada. Lots of race footage with a crash at 00:07:00. This is followed by Steve talking about his own crash in a previous race and an I/V with Dale Singleton about his race tactics. 00:10:14 Steve's girlfriend figure skating with him watching in the crowd. 00:11:05 Laguna Seca race way GVs around paddock and circuit and race footage. 00:18:40 Steve and his mechanic discuss the race. 00:20:00 Steve talk about his performance in the first race followed race footage. 00:22:51 Alex Mays, Steve's, mechanic discussing how they started working together. 00:23:22 VO of Steve talking about whether dying scares him.