- TITLE: Racecraft
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1973
- SYNOPSIS: A Strongold Film in association with County Films Ltd. This film is an overview of motor racing from expert Frank Gardner. The film includes driving around the track at Thruxton with a running commentary from him and a talk and Q&A session with Gardner. Footage also includes I/Vs with Gardner at Thruxton and GVs around the circuit and course and footage from the race. A Castrol Film.
- BP ASSET ID: 803409
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Stronghold Films in assosication with Country Films
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: The film starts with the cars on a starting grid (although does not specify which circuit). It then cuts away to Gardner testing a race car on a track and interviews with team members about the car and testing. GVs of mechanics working on cars. I/V with Gardner about his preparation for the race when he is sitting on the grid. The film also features: 00:07:00 Gardner's POV around track with his running commentary. 00:08:00 VO from Frank Gardner discussing how he became a racing driver accompanied by race footage. This is followed by Gardner giving a talk to about 10 people about racing. 00:10:30 Gardner's POV around track with his running commentary. 00:12:30 Garner in a Q&A with previous audience. 00:13:08 sound briefly goes to one channel but returns. 00:14:15 GVs around paddock at Thruxton race meet and footage of cars practicing followed by an I/V with Gardner about weather conditions. 00:17:19 Cars on the grid at Thruxton and race; with commentary from Gardner. 00:27:50 Shots of car parts after race and post-race discussion between Gardner and unidentified male.