Race Against Time
Race Against Time
- Release Date: 1st January 1965
- Asset ID: 803408
- Synopsis: This film promotes and demonstrates the variety sports timing devices made at the Longines Watch Factory in Switzerland by showing them in action at sports events. Events include the Monte Carlo Rally, The Motor Boat World Chamionships at Aix-Les-Bains, the Mont Ventoux Hill Climb, The Tour De France Cycle Race and the Monaco Grand Prix. A Castrol Film.
- Shotlist: Footage includes a small fashion show with models wearing watches and V/O about time and watches. There is a sequence at the Cantonal Observatory in Switzerland, shots inside and out and of autonomic clock and at the Longines watch factory and the factory processes. There is also a small section of footage which is just shots of watches. The sporting events that are featured in this film include The Monte Carlo Rally, where a special stage is used to test the Printaugine (?) Omnisport timing device. There are shots of competitors stamping their time cards at each check point and using the device as well as footage of the special stage itself; including a drivers POV through snow. There is also footage of the competitor finishing the rally. Next is the World Motor Boat Championship 1966, where footage includes GVs around the lake and of competitors and timing crew. The film also includes a Camera Chronosinergine (?) with an explanation of how it works; this includes the devices' film being developed to confirm clean start with footage from timing device film reel. Also features footage of the boats racing around the course. This is followed by a 1966 Hill Climb event in Province (motorbike and car) and features footage of the hill climb and the Chronotipergine (?) with an explanation about how it works. Features nice shots of locals playing boules and wells as the two monitoring telephone stations. The Tour de France 1966 with footage of Race Officials and television crews and the Quartz clock and photo finish system. Included are GVs of the Tour De France stadium and footage of racers crossing the line and the prize giving and entertainment (majorettes, accordion player and marching band). The 1966 Monaco Grand Prix at Monte Carlo. In this section of the film there is footage in the official timekeeper's box and the officials using a Chronotipergine (?) as well as a lot of race footage and a photocell printer use for lap times and the finish line. Drivers include Clark, Hill, Stewart and Bandini (?) and as well as some brief footage of Stirling Moss as a spectator. The video ends with a short montage of all the races. Note: unable to find definitive spelling of 'Chronosinergine'/'Chronotipergrine'.
- Production Company: Stanley Schofield Productions Ltd.
- Licensing Restrictions: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None