- TITLE: Quartet for Two Wheels
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1965
- SYNOPSIS: This film features a motorcycle event from each of the countries in the UK - Castrol's Tour of the British Isles.
- BP ASSET ID: 803406
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: A Castrol Film. First is the Scottish National Scramble in Lanarkshire. The footage includes a sequence of exhaust shots to bagpipe music, shots of a piper amongst heather, motorbikes stuck in the mud as well as GVs of the course and race paddock and the races. Followed by Irish Short Circuit Races (8 mins). Footage includes GVs of track preparation, shots of people arriving and crowds, footage of the 250cc and 500cc and side car races as well as the prize giving ceremony. In Wales at Onllwyn (14 mins) the film features the 27th ACU Intercentre Team Trials where footage features an introduction to all the racers and officials, shots of racers going through woods and rivers (rocky staircase climbs) and a lot of footage of riders not staying on much. Finally to England and the Scarborough Road Races which features footage from 250cc and side cars road races as well as some shots of female spectators lying on picnic rugs (at 25 mins).