On the Limit
On the Limit
- Release Date: 1st January 1958
- Asset ID: 803402
- Synopsis: A certain winner with the crowd at any major Silverstone meeting is the Production Touring Car Race. On the Limit tells the story of one such race-that held at the British Grand Prix Meeting in July.
- Shotlist: The Production Touring Car race at the British Grand Prix meeting Silverstone 1958. A Castol Film. Produced by the DA Clarke Film Unit. Commentary Raymond Baxter. It features stationary shots of the cars taking part as well as race footage and some shots of drivers past and present including a brief shot of Captain George Eyston. The races are broken down into 1100cc 1500cc 2-3 litres and above 3 litres. 00:01:15 GVs of the Race meet at Silverstone and around paddock. 00:02:08 Shots of production touring cars. 00:02:47 Footage from scrutineering GVs. 00:02:51 Shots Racing drivers chatting. 00:03:09 Footage of cars driving round track. 00:03:27 Shots of the drivers briefing. 00:03:47 Touring cars on the grid ready for the start of the race. 00:04:25 Race start and race footage. 00:14:07 Prize giving ceremony.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None