- TITLE: Mud in Your Eye
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1956
- SYNOPSIS: The wettest event of a terrible summer was the Grand Prix de France de Moto-Cross, run at Rouen on 10th June, and won by the 1956 European Moto-Cross Champion, Les Archer.
- BP ASSET ID: 803400
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Stanley Schofield Productions Ltd.
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 00:01:11 START Caption 'Mud In Your Eye. A Castrol Film. Produced by Stanley Schofield. Castrol logo. 00:01:39 View of the Seine from the bank. Shots of Rouen and crowds of people in the street. 00:02:02 Moto-Cross sign. Crowds of people entering the racing ground. Muddy paths, woman being carried over. 00:03:16 CUs of battered cars. Bikers preparing for race. 00:04:10 Man laying down trophy. Trophies lined up. 00:04:32 MLS riders lined up before race - front and back views. 00:04:56 Bikers on their bikes waiting for count down. WS of them starting off. Shots of individual bikers riding through mud track. 00:06:24 Good shot of bikers racing up and downhill. 00:07:29 Finish line with man waving flag. Start of new race. 00:10:49 Start of a new race - a re-run for bikers who'd fallen out earlier. 00:11:54 WS spectators walking to another vantage point. Boy holding on to fence trying not to slip in mud. Start of French Grand Prix of Motor-Cross - all bikers lined up at starting line. Shot of bikers checking their bikes. Man helps a biker to put on new trousers. 00:13:35 Shots of individual bikers riding up steep mud bank. 00:15:30 Winner sitting on bike with head down, almost collapsed with men surrounding him. MLS of biker sitting on bike with his face covered in mud. Men wiping mud of bikers' faces. (All good shots). Bikers receiving flowers. 00:16:13 Shots of people's legs wading through mud. 00:16:32 Castrol logo, caption 'The masterpiece in oils'. 00:16:39 END.