Motorcycle Magic (1983)
Motorcycle Magic (1983)
- Release Date: 1st January 1983
- Asset ID: 803398
- Synopsis: A Castrol Film showcasing different aspects of motorcycle sport that are not generally well known and features three less common sporting events - World Ice (speedway) Racing Championships in Assen, World Sidecar Motocross Championship in Frome and Trial Bike Riding in Switzerland.
- Shotlist: The first event featured is the Ice Speedway in Assen, Northern Holland - the World Ice Racing Championships. This sport uses 500cc bikes with tyres that are covered in 25mm spikes which allow bikes to lean over to almost horizontal. The footage includes shots in paddock of bikes and riders, mechanics warming up crank case with blow torches and a sequence with riders revving their engines. There is a lot of footage of riders racing around the small ice track with GVs of the crowd and night races. There is bike crash at 00:05:49, the bike crashes into wall and gets carried off before the race carries on, footage interspersed with GVs of the pits and mechanics. 00:08:50 250cc ATC Honda Bikes - short sequence of the tricycles on the motocross course. This is followed by side car racing at Frome - the World Side Car Motocross Championship. Footage of the bike racings is followed by a sequence to show how muddy it is with feet walking through mud and really muddy riders and bike cleaning. It also features the 2nd leg start and footage of the race at 00:12:44; bikes get stuck on a hill and then at 00:13:25 a bike hits a fence the while race is conducted on a really muddy race track with people pushing bikes up hill at 00:18:00. 00:18:50 Trial Bike Riding in Switzerland the 9th Round of the World Championship Series. Footage is of bikes and riders riding over rocky climbs, dips and streams through forests and across hills. The majority of the footage is of riders balancing on their bike and trying to ride vertically over obstacles. The commentator does give an explanation of the scoring about half way through. All the rider footage is cut with GVs of crowds.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None