- TITLE: Lap of the Gods
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1966
- SYNOPSIS: Lap of the Gods is a record of the 1966 Acropolis Rally, by general consent the roughest and toughest motoring event of its kind in Europe today. For two days and two nights, over one hundred crews fight their battle against heat, appalling roads and continuous eye stinging throat choking dust. A Castrol Film.
- BP ASSET ID: 803395
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Stronghold Films in assosication with Country Films
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: Featuring footage from the whole rally including the special stages and some night driving. As well as all the race footage the film has some good GVs of Athens as well as nice scenery shots of a lake at 00:10:00 and at 00:13.50. There is a lot of footage around the pits and of the teams with an introduction to the teams at the start which also includes an interesting Ford team meeting, food and drink during the rally. Then there are GVs of the scrutineering and an interview with BMC team manager Stuart Turner. There is a description of the rally and special stages using map and pointer. Good driver POV around Athens and outside just after start of the race. Lots of GVs around crowds and time keepers at Kioten as well at lots of other points in the rally. There is an interview with Peter Harper on in the middle of the rally on a ferry and his interview continues as V.O. There are also interviews with drivers about driving in the dust whilst film shows cars driving up a mountain and dusty tracks. Footage of the cars at the finish line.