- TITLE: Jimmy Vauxhall Chevette (or 'Jimmy' Rallying With Chevette)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1979
- SYNOPSIS: This film follows the progress of relatively new rally driver Jimmy McRae during 1979.
- BP ASSET ID: 803394
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: Jimmy McRae, Dealer Team Vauxhall driver, is using the new Chevette rally car, racing from Dealer Team Vauxhall (DTV). The film joins Jimmy as the season is drawing to a close with just the Bovis National rally - the final round of the Castrol Autosport Rally championship - left to go. The film features footage from the Mintex Rally, a rally at the circuit in Ireland, the Welsh rally, the Scottish rally, the Manx Trophy International Championship Rally and the Ulster Rally. McRae races against many European champions and famous rally drivers during these competitions including his team mate Pentti Airikkala, Hannu Mikkola, George Hill, Mike Jackson, Malcolm Wilson, David Jones and Arnie Garvick. There is a great deal of footage from all the rallies mentioned as well as interviews with McRae about his progress and other competitors including Russell Brookes and footage around the rally team workshops. The film finishes with vox pops with British rally team members about McRae.