- Release Date: 1st January 1973
- Asset ID: 803390
- Synopsis: This film covers the 1973 Imola 200 motorcycle rally at the Autodromo Enzo e Dino in Monza, Italy. This was the first round of the Formula 750 Championship. A Castrol Film.
- Shotlist: There are lots of GVs around the paddock and amongst the crowds. The footage shows all the teams and riders. The race includes bikes from Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati, BMW, Norton and Triumph. The riders include Barry Sheene, Jarno Saarinen, Peter Williams, Paul Smart, Mick Grant, Dave Pouter, Gregory Fisher (?) and Hideo Anaya. The Imola footage covers both of the heats and the qualifying practice as well as GVs around the paddocks and of the crowds. Jarno Saarnien was the winner of the event but tragically died just a few weeks later as the event of a bike pile up during a race. 00:04:30 I/V with Mick Grant about riding Ducat and circuit and footage of him riding a push bike around circuit. 00:05:34 I/V of Paul Smart. 00:06:25 I/Vs with the Yamaha team. 00:07:20 Footage of traditional Italian banner waving and folk dancing. 00:11:49 Official start of the first heat with warm up lap. 00:21:01 the official start of the second heat with warm up lap. 00:24:03 minor bike crash. 00:26:00 Winning podium with Jaarno Saarien.
- Production Company: CH Wood Productions
- Licensing Restrictions: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None