- TITLE: Highland Fling
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1960
- SYNOPSIS: A film about the RAC International Rally of Great Britain which starts in Blackpool and continues across the Scottish Highlands through Inverness before returning to Blackpool. This was the last event of 1960 counting towards the European Rally Championship.
- BP ASSET ID: 803389
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Kinocrat Films Ltd.
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: A Castrol Film. Commentary Raymond Baxter. Produced by Kinocrat Films Limited. Includes an explanation of the rally and GVs of race grounds and teams working on cars. It also shows each car starting the rally and driving into the night (however the night racing shots have little else but headlights in them.) The majority of footage is general race footage. At 00:07:00 there is a Highland Hill Climb test, at 00:10:00 there is a 2 mile speed test at Monument Hill. There is also a car crash at 00:20:00 mins. The rally finishes off with a race at Brands Hatch and a party/prize giving ceremony (at 00:57:00) at Talk of the Town Nightclub in London where the winning car, plus drivers, is raised through the floor of the nightclub. The race was won by Eric Carlsson of Sweden in his SAAB, the only driver finishing clear of penalty.