- TITLE: Grand Prix De France
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1959
- SYNOPSIS: The Circuit de Montagne d' Auvergne, near Clermont Ferrand is Europe's newest racing circuit and one of its finest. In 1959, it was the scene of the French Grand Prix, first motor-cycle world championship event of the year.
- BP ASSET ID: 803387
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Kinocrat Films Ltd.
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: The film opens in a French woman's bedroom/boudoir which has no relevance to the film other than that she tells you there won't be any more bedrooms in the film because it is about motorcycle racing! A Castol film. Produced by Kinocrat Films Ltd. The film features good race footage as well as GVs of Clermont Ferrand and the Circuit de Montagne D'Auvergne. There is a drivers POV around circuit 00:03:40 as well as V/O interviews with drivers about the course. The film also features scrutineering footage and race preparations; 350cc race footage, sidecar race footage including the cars at the starting grid, the start of the race and winners podium; 500cc race over 25 laps and the winners podium.