Rwanda Burundi (1971)
Rwanda Burundi (1971)
- Release Date: 1st January 1971
- Asset ID: 800616
- Synopsis: Rwanda and Burundi are two small republics in Central Africa. The film gives an impression of the people, the arts, crafts and traditions of these beautiful countries.
- Shotlist: Footage of indigenous people in Rwanda plus some scenes showing BP work in the area. Man on boat on river; exotic bird in tree; children singing. Nice scenic shots; rainbow over river. Ships coming into port. Oil pipe connecting boat to port. Oil vats at oil field. Indigenous people at market, playing drums mounted on heads, cut to oil drums. BP oil truck passing oil drums and driving through countryside. African people in traditional hut, making geometric patterns on walls in black and white. African man making clay tiles for roofs. Modern buildings in town area; BP offices? Night shots; people singing and dancing round fire. Exotic birds in flight and in trees, nests. African men taking hunters stance in small boats then spearing fish. Babies being weighed at clinic. Mothers carrying babies. BP van arrives. Doctor's instruments being sterilised in tank. POV shot from patient's position of doctors and nurses looking down on operating table. African men in western clothes playing drums. BP fuel carrier trundles along roads. Truck carrying people on the back drives along dusty road. Nice shot of man paddling boat along lake at sunset; men launching small fishing boats at night. Africans preparing fish, people sitting at table. Nuns opening gates, children coming in. African catholic priest saying mass in chapel. African people in field, sewing seeds, hoeing and singing. African people in classroom listening to French (Belgian?) teacher at blackboard. African family in garden. Fresh vegetables being washed under small waterfall. Market scenes; goats, men smoking pipes, haircuts. Petrol can being filled from pump; gas lamps being filled with fuel. Fishing in boats by lamplight - nice footage. Large tarpaulin being hauled onto small boat. Traditional boat with outboard motor attached. Boats approaching shore at sunrise, all with outboard motors. BP truck on road, plane landing - Air Congo. BP truck comes to refuel. Scenic view; traditional huts in foreground, lake behind, mountains in background.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: None
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None