- TITLE: Flying Ice
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1955
- SYNOPSIS: Film about the Swedish motor sport scene.
- BP ASSET ID: 803384
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: A Castrol Film. Film starts in winter with cars and bikes using wheels with spikes to race on ice track at the 1st International Ice Racing Meet. Good GVs of Stockholm and features races such as the Standard Touring Cars Race (after which there is a good shot of motorcyclist with skis attached to the side of his bike), the 1300cc race for production cars, heat one of the serious sport car race, 2nd heat of the serious sports car race, final of the standard touring car race and the final of the serious sports car race. There is footage of each race on the number 6 shaped track with commentary. The film then changes to the Swedish Motorcycle Ice Racing Championships at the Proust Lake which begins with shots of the track being prepared and of the pre-race preparations carried out by competitors with shots of bikes and wheels. There is footage from some of the race on the small speedway track and shots from the prize ceremony to end the film.