- TITLE: Diamond Senior
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1967
- SYNOPSIS: This film follows the Senior T.T. race on the Isle of Man in 1967, which was the race's Diamond Jubilee year.
- BP ASSET ID: 803383
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: A Castrol Film. Murray Walker Commentary. There is a short historical introduction to the race including footage of vintage bikes starting a race. There are also historical stills and a short film from the first ever T.T. race in 1907, footage from the race in 1910 and 1922. The footage from 1922 was made for the Scott Motorcycle company and also features race headquarters and mechanic working on the bikes. Footage from later races includes Alex Bennett on Sunbeam and A.J.S bikes and riders including Handley, Dodson and Simpson and Jimmy Guthry. At 06:56 there is footage from the first race after the war in 1947 including Norton bikes and Geoff Duke on a Featherbed Norton. At 08:55 the film cuts to Mike Hailwood in 1967 winning the Junior race making it his 11th T.T. win. There is also an interview with him about the modern T.T. Mike also competes in the Diamond Jubilee Senior race and his competitors include John Cooper (the film features and interview with him at 00:11:11), Albert Moule, Giacomo Agostini, Geoff Duke and Stanley Woods. As well as race footage there is footage of race preparations and the battle between Agostini and Hailwood for first place. Commentary and interviews by Murray Walker.