- TITLE: Thruxton Marathon
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1957
- SYNOPSIS: The Third National Nine-hour motor-cycle race, run at Thruxton, was a real test of endurance both for the Clubmen riders and their standard production machines. A Castrol Film.
- BP ASSET ID: 803451
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Stanley Schofield Productions Ltd.
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: Colour. The footage features GVs around the circuit and race preparation. There are good introductions to all the teams and riders and footage of a practice session. Shot of a plane taking off and a good aerial view at about 8 mins. There is a good explanation of the track whilst the teams are racing and lots of general race and pit footage with commentary.