- Release Date: 1st January 1950
- Asset ID: 803447
- Synopsis: A Castrol Film. Speed Hill-Climbing, Shelsley Walsh, B.R.D.C. Manx Cup and British Empire Trophy Race, Isle of Man, 500 Club Race Meeting Silverstone, Speed Hill-Climbing Prescott, International Race Meeting Goodwood, GV's from the races, paddocks and crowd.
- Shotlist: 00:01:11 The Queen, Queen Mother and Prince Philip meet the riders. 00:01:43 GV's of a new racing car being shown for the first time. CU's of the engine. Driven by Raymond May the car does a demonstration on the track. 00:02:41 Camera pans around the paddock. CU's of the cars from all over the world that have come to take part. CU of mechanics working on an engine. 00:04:23 Mechanics wheel the cars out of the paddocks. 00:04:42 View down the row of cars now on the track. 00:04:54 An official checks the cars and drivers check the engines. Mechanics do last minute checks. 00:05:34 1 minute sign is held up. Drivers wait in positions at the start. 00:05:46 The race begins. GV's from around the track. 00:06:29 Camera follows a car down a long stretch showing how fast it is moving. 00:06:46 GV's from around the track 00:08:33 Car that has pulled out on the grass verge. 00:08:39 GV's from around the track 00:08:47 Driver pulls into the pits. View from the crowd. 00:08:59 GV's from the crowd looking out on the track 00:09:11 CU of the drivers in their cars as they finish and are surrounded by their teams. 00:09:28 The winning drivers pose for photographs. 00:09:37 Graphic 'Speed Hill-Climbing, Shelsley Walsh' 00:09:42 Montage of shots of drivers setting off at the bottom. 00:10:13 GV's from around the track. Drivers starting. 00:12:23 CU of some of the most successful hill climbing cars. 00:12:38 GV's from around the track and drivers preparing to start. 00:13:22 Cars descending the hill after they have recorded a time. 00:13:43 Graphic title 'B.R.D.C. Manx Cup and British Empire Trophy Race, Isle of Man' 00:13:52 Filming from the stands following the cars as they go past. A driver crosses the finishing line in 1st place. 00:14:10 Footage from the edge of the track watching cars as they come to the finish. 00:14:21 Camera pans across cars waiting in the paddock. CU's of car parts. 00:14:58 Teams getting their drivers ready. Cars are driven around the paddocks. 00:15:39 Camera pans across cars lined up to start. 00:16:11 The race begins 00:16:18 Following cars as they speed past. Filmed from the stands. 00:16:34 GV's from around the track. 00:18:35 Winner crosses the line with the checkered flag. A crowd gathers round during the prize giving. 00:19:03 CU's of drivers, officials and family after the race 00:19:28 Graphic '500 Club Race Meeting Silverstone' 00:19:34 GV's of drivers and their teams with the cars on the edge of the race track. CU of engines 00:20:38 Cars line up at the start. 00:21:01 The race begins. GVs from around the track. Some of the drivers loose control on the wet surface. 00:23:36 Driver pulls into the pits and out of the race. Hi team look at the engine 00:23:56 The winning car crosses the line. 00:24:16 Graphic 'Speed Hill-Climbing Prescott' 00:24:19 Jaguar XK130 sets off at the bottom. GV's of it on the track. 00:25:15 CU of automatic timing apparatus. 00:25:19 Montage of cars setting off at the bottom of the hill. GV's of drivers going up the track. Graphic 'International Race Meeting Goodwood' 00:29:08 A car is driven out of the back of a lorry. 00:29:19 GV's from paddock and of cars warming up. 00:29:53 Cars assembling on the starting grid. 00:30:04 The race begins. GV's from around the track. 00:30:39 Winning car crosses the finishing line. 00:30:44 Mechanic working on components in the paddock. CU's of tyres being checked. 00:31:12 Men drink at a mobile bar. 00:31:28 cars line up on the track for a handicap race. The race starts. GV's from around the track 00:32:35 GV's from the paddock. 00:33:06 Cars come out of the paddock for their warm-up lap. 00:33:33 Cars line up to start. The race begins and the cameraman almost get ran over. 00:33:57 The winner crosses the line. Winning car stops just infront of the camera and is surrounded by congratulations. 00:34:28 Winner drinks from The Goodwood trophy 00:34:31 Winning car in the garage. 00:34:43 The end 00:34:48 Castrol Logo 00:34:54 End of tape.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None