Brands Hatch Beat!
Brands Hatch Beat!
- Release Date: 1st January 1964
- Asset ID: 803443
- Synopsis: The European Grand Prix at Brands Hatch on July 11th 1964 with shots of the race, the spectators and the celebration. Film of the preparations of the ground the month before is shown before the race and presented by Chris Barber, who plays with his band at the end of the race.
- Shotlist: A Castrol Film, Commentary Raymond Baxter, Produced by Kinocrat Limited. LS of a car driving around a Brands Hatch a month before the European Grand Prix held there on July 11th 1964. CU of car stopping. Chris Barber, trombonist, gets out. MS presents to camera. Walks over to a group of workmen who are making seats in preparation for the Grand Prix. Two men working with timber and scaffolding. LA shot two men on scaffolding painting girders. Shot of rusty green chairs, pans up to concrete building. 00:02:42 CU of cutlery, pans out to view of Barber queuing for cup of tea in a canteen. WS Barber walking towards piano, sits down and plays (no sound). 00:03:23 Caption 'Brands Hatch Beat' over flying flags. 00:03:39 LS of Brands Hatch on Grand Prix day from helicopter. MSs and WSs of spectators walking at track. 00:04:17 'Beware of pick-pockets' sign. MLS two policeman walking by track. View of spectators through wire fence as camera moves along fence. Mechanics working on cars. 00:04:51 Man riding tiny scooter. Steam roller being driven along path. 00:05:15 GVs of female spectators. 00:05:50 WS white cars taking off at start of race. GVs of race. 00:07:35 LS of spectators' cars parked in field from helicopter viewpoint. WS of same cars from ground. Engineers fixing tyres. 00:08:00 Green Lotus car, green Brabham, Red Ferrari. Engineers working on different cars. Shots of drivers in cars being pushed to start. 00:10:22 LS of Brands Hatch from helicopter. GVs of drivers and teams before start of race. 00:12:03 CU of speedometer. WS the cars start racing. GVs of the race. 00:14:42 Driver comes into the pits, transistor box is smoking, driver gets out, team run towards car, fire extinguisher produces more smoke. 00:15:18 Car flies off the track onto the grass. 00:23:28 Winner finishing race, crowd surround car. Graham Hill finishes second. 00:23:59 Jack Brabham getting out of car. MS of Bandini taking off helmet and earplugs. 00:24:31 Winner hold trophy, champagne poured into cup. Spectators applaud. Winner sitting on car on truck being paraded. GVs spectators dancing. Chris Barber and band playing. 00:26:09 Closing credits. Castrol logo. 00:26:38 END.
- Production Company: None
- Licensing Restrictions: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- Viewing Restrictions: Public
- Format: BetaSP_Small
- Alternative Language Notes: None