- TITLE: Rouen Round
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1962
- SYNOPSIS: This film documents the 1962 48th Grand Prix at the Rouen-Les-Essarts race track. The footage includes shots from around the Paddocks and of the race itself. It also includes an introduction to each team racing in event. A Castrol Film.
- BP ASSET ID: 803438
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 00:01:10 START Opening titles are ink paintings of Formula 1 cars. 00:01:39 Panning shot of the city of Rouen. 00:01:52 Cars POV driving around the circuit set to jazzy piano. 00:03:58 Various shots around the paddock with a Formula 1 car reversing. 00:04:14 Shot of mechanics from BRM team working two V8 cars. 00:04:36 Various shots of cars on track and a few shots of Graham Hill plus a V/O from him. 00:05:07 Various shots of mechanics working on Lotus cars. 00:05:29 Mid shot of Jim Clark signing autographs. 00:05:35 Shots of car on track with a V/O form Jim Clark. 00:05:43 Various GVs around the course including a film crew. 00:05:55 Shot of a 1962 Lola from the Bowmaker racing team followed by various shots of mechanics working the car. 00:06:21 Shot of the car on the track with a V/O from John Surtees. 00:06:37 Mid shot of Roy Salvadori sitting in his car followed by shots of it on the track with a V/O from him. 00:07:00 Various shots of mechanics working on a car. Cooper team with Bruce McLaren and Tony Maggs. 00:07:18 Mid shot of Jack Brabham in a Lotus. 00:07:27 Various shots of different cars and the spectators. 00:08:05 Various shots of suited men standing and talking (organising committee from the city fathers). 00:08:19 Various shots of a Porsche transporter and cars being unloaded and Porsche mechanics working on the cars. 00:08:51 Shots of Porsche's Jo Bonnier followed by shots of him driving round track with a V/O from him. 00:09:14 Shot of Dan Gurney followed by him going round track followed by voice over. 00:09:48 GVs around the city of Rouen. 00:10:26 Shots of the public road section of the track being closed for the race and TV crews setting up. 00:10:53 GVs of an outdoor religious (Christian) service with hymns being sung. 00:11:11 Various shots of the drivers on the starting grid preparing to start the race. 00:12:45 Various footage of the race with commentary. 00:25:30 Various shots of Maurice Trintignant and Trevor Taylor colliding after crossing the finish line 7th and 8th. Shots show the aftermath of the crash (including the cars) and the Gendarmerie. 00:25:57 Various shots of Dan Gurney celebrating his win and receiving his trophy and congratulations. 00:26:34 The end shot is a car being rolled over the camera. 00:26:47 END.