- TITLE: 12 Hours in Argyll
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1975
- SYNOPSIS: A Castrol Film. A rare record of the 1974 Burmah Rally starting in Dunoon. The cars in the rally include Ford RS 1600s and Hillman Avenger GTs and entrants include Roger Clark, Brian Culcheth, Andy Cowan, Will Sparrow, Jill Robinson and Chris Slater.
- BP ASSET ID: 803436
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: A Stronghold Film in association with County Films Ltd
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: First couple of seconds footage is missing at the very beginning. 00:00:39 Start. Opens with a shot of the Burmah flag flying with title. 00:00:51 Various shots of the rally start with cars pulling up and crowds and mechanics and teams preparing the vehicles and scrutineering. Also includes introductions to some of the entrants. 00:01:32 Sounds skips. 00:02:40 I/V with Roger Clark about the rally. 00:03:12 I/V with Brian Culcheth about his chances. 00:03:41 I/V with Will Sparrow about driving in Group 1. 00:04:04 I/V with Russell Brooks about driving Group 1. 00:04:20 Various shots of the cars on the starting ramp. 00:06:31 Various rally shots (with commentary) during the night and includes the nocturnal special stages. 00:12:45 Various shots of cars being serviced before breakfast. 00:13:08 Various shots of the cars pulling in to the breakfast stop. 00:14:15 Short I/V with Andy Cowan about the progress through the night. 00:14:22 I/V with Roger Clark about the night. 00:14:30 I/V with Billy Coleman about his progress. 00:14:43 Various shots of rallying during the day including the Minard stage. 00:18:30 Various shots of the cars driving past Holy Loch. 00:20:00 Various shots of the cars entering the paddock. 00:21:01 I/V with Roger Clark about possibly winning. 00:21:58 I/V with Billy Coleman about missing out on first place by one second. 00:22:28 Shot of men giving speeches and prizes in a ceremony at a town hall. 00:23:02 I/V with Tony Ponds, the overall winner. 00:24:15 END.