- TITLE: Protection for the Future' - International Version
- RELEASE DATE: 01/02/1992
- SYNOPSIS: This film is about designing modern lubrication to work with catalytic converters and modern driving as well a be environmentally friendly. The film documents the processes of designing a lubricating oil and each stage of testing different blends to find the best - both in laboratories and in real car engines.
- BP ASSET ID: 803959
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: Park Avenue Productions
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Small
- SHOTLIST: 00:00:00 Title - Protection for the Future, GVs of a car moving across a track. 00:01:50 MCU of Phil Beasley - Manager Mechanical Tests for BP talking about designs for engines and what they are based around the lubricants on the market currently, more interviews with other BP representatives. 00:03:28 GVs of landscapes, Interview with a BP Senior Technologist, GVs of the lab technicians carrying out experiments followed by a MCU interview with Senior Development Chemist more lab GVs. 00:05:20 VO heard, as the development process is illustrated. 00:06:11 GV of a car starting up on a cold snowy day, MCU interview with a Capital Projects Engineer, GVs development process of the lubricants in the laboratory. 00:08:15 GVs illustrating the processes behind the lubricant development, MCU of more BP representatives talking about the processes. 00:10:27 GVs of laboratory tests and processes narrated by a VO, more interviews with BP representatives follow. 00:13:25 camera pans across some lab cylinders containing lubricant solutions. 00:13:55 Castrol Logo appears, end.