- TITLE: Test Flight 263 (1957)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1957
- SYNOPSIS: Shows the problems besetting an aircraft designer, with a glimpse of gas turbine engine testing and a visit to the RAF Institute of Aviation Medicine to see how the human side of high-speed flight is approached.
- BP ASSET ID: 804534
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: B&W
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: Digibeta_Small
- SHOTLIST: Tracking shots of a jet plane being towed by a small car into a space in a line of other planes. Int. of air traffic control tower. Shots of the controllers writing down planes movements;Pilot walking to plane; pilot and crew preparing the jet plane and entering planes cockpit. Pan down as stairs are taken away from the plane. Int. of air traffic controller on the telephone and in the control tower; CU Jet plane engines starting up; Jet plane before take off; Various views of the plane; Tracking shots of plane taxiing to the runway; CU travelling shot of the white markers on the runway. Travelling aerial GVs of a jet plane; Various shots of boats and sea planes; Tracking shots of seaplanes being brought out of hangars, taking off and flying; High angle shot of a pilot walking along next to journalists; GVs of planes flying landing and taking off; CUs of newspaper headlines about jet accidents; CU Hand drawing diagrams of a high speed jet plane; Various shots of different planes flying; High shot of a jet plane on the ground; CU shots of plans and people designing aeroplanes;MS worker using a computer; Shots workers making wooden models of planes; Plane testing at a low speed wind tunnel. Ext. and int. shots of the tunnel and in the control room and shots of workers in a factory creating the model planes used for testing. WSs of models being launched with rockets. CU models being attached to rockets; WS tracking shot of rocket. POV Shot from rockets; tests conducted on metals used in plane design. Shots of testers and instruments and planes parts; Tracking shot of a worker at the petroleum research station at Sunbury-On-Thame; Various lab shots of filtration system testing. Shots of test tubes dials and scientists conducting tests; building and tracking shot or motorcar. Various lab shots of turbine testing. Shots of the turbines and testing equipment; Tracking shot of air launched ram jet powered aircraft landing; WS an aircraft taking off and landing vertically; GVs of test aircrafts. Shots of the aircrafts taking off and being launched from other aircrafts and flying; Shots of air traffic controllers;pilots being tested for the effects of G-Force and high speed flying. Shots of pilots in test chambers and shots of them being monitor by equipment;pilots testing ejector seats. Shots of launch and whilst airborne with parachute. Aerial GVs of aircrafts;Tracking shot of aircraft landing. Aircraft shown include the X-3 Stiletto, the Convair XFY-1 Pogo, V-bombers, Avro Vulcan and Handley-Page Victor .