- TITLE: A Thousand Miles a Day: The London to Sydney Marathon
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1968
- SYNOPSIS: Black and White film produced by Wheelbase, documenting the Daily Express London to Sydney car rally marathon in 1968.
- BP ASSET ID: 804780
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: B&W
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: Digibeta_Large
- SHOTLIST: START. 10:00:00 on screen title. 10:00:20 Crystal Palace race circuit, London. Crowds of spectators, cars in starting area, vox pops with John Davenport, John Sprinzel, Henry Liddon for British Leyland, Roger Clark for Ford. 10:02:13 Cars on start line, Miss World, countdown clock, crowd cheering. 10:03:21 Map of route. 10:03:36 Cars driving through Italian Alps. 10:04:06 Car being serviced. Vox pop Jean Denton. 10:04:30 GVs Istanbul, Bosporus straits, cars on ferry. 10:05:49 Vox pops. 10:07:05 GVs Sivas, Turkey. Rally cars on road. 10:08:39 Night-time, drivers drinking coffee, vox pop with husband and wife team describing an earlier crash. 10:09:18 Iranian border control. Vox pop Jack Murray. 10:10:58 GVs of Tehran, Kabul and Kandahar. 10:12:57 Men stood round campfire, man taking tyre pressure. Vox pops Roger Clark, Bob Forsyth. 10:15:40 GVs Surobi, Afghanistan, cattle and camels in mountains. Cars on rough terrain. 10:18:39 Drivers checking in. GVs of Khyber Pass. 10:20:16 Crowds lining streets.