- TITLE: A Tale of Two Rallies
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1979
- SYNOPSIS: The film features two rallies from the 1979 Rally World Championship, the Lombard Rally in the UK and the San Remo Rally in the Italian Riviera. A Castrol Film.
- BP ASSET ID: 803366
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: Please note that this film may include footage and/or music sourced from multiple rights holders. For information on re-use of content in a new production, please contact BPVL@bp.com
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: CH Wood Productions
- COLOUR: Colour
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: BetaSP_Large
- SHOTLIST: Drivers include Marco Allen, Hannu Mikkola, Ari Vatinen, Per Eklan, Roger Clark, Tony Pond and Henry Nidden who was not taking part in the rally but interviews the drivers. The San Remo Rally footage includes GVs of scrutineering day and the rally cars arriving, shots of tyre treads being made and GVs of crowds. The film includes shots from the start of the rally with introductions of the teams and drivers and interviews with the drivers throughout the rally. The rally features asphalt, gravel and forest track stages along with night driving. The footage from the Lombard RAC Rally in Chester features interviews with drivers about the rally itself and throughout the race, GVs of Chester and of the crowds. This rally also has gravel asphalt and forest stages but also contains a stately homes and park stage for the public to enjoy. There is also a race at Donnington Park and night racing at Flamingo Park.