- TITLE: AIOC News Review (1953)
- RELEASE DATE: 01/01/1953
- SYNOPSIS: A b&w film with VO looking at the progress Anglo-Iranian has made in the year, including footage from the construction of a new refinery at Kwinana, Western Australia. Aden, floods around Kent Oil Refinery and the inauguration of a pipeline from Kirkuk to the Mediterranean.
- BP ASSET ID: 801149
- VIEWING RESTRICTIONS: Public
- LICENSING RESTRICTIONS: None
- PRODUCTION COMPANY: None
- COLOUR: B&W
- ALTERNATIVE LANGUAGE NOTES: None
- FORMAT: Digibeta_Small
- SHOTLIST: 10:00:00 START Caption 'Anglo Iranian presents - News Review 1953' over shots of Britannic House. WS people walking up steps. CU of company names. GVs from inauguration ceremony as Sir Ross McLarty, Premier of Western Australia, opens Kwinana refinery near Freemantle. 10:00:53 WS pan across Silent Valley of Little Aden. CU explosion. GVs of construction of barracks and prefabricated housing for the workers who are to build a refinery and deep-sea tanker port. GVs Sir Tom Higginbottom, Governor of Aden, and entourage visiting site. 10:01:59 Sign 'Floods Ahead' with MLS of man walking away. WS approaching shore from POV boat. CU Signs 'Kent Oil Refinery Offices' and 'Anglo-Iranian Oil Co. Ltd', camera pans down to office building surrounded by water. WS bins and desk in water. Aerial WS pan of floods around refinery at Isle of Grain. 10:02:37 CU of BP petrol station. Man drives up to pump and car is refuelled. CU of BP Super sign. MLS man in uniform closing gates of refinery. Caption 'Restricted Area - Smoking Forbidden'. WS men in control room. MLS man lighting system in refinery. CU man looking through hole to see if it has lit. CUs men turning wheel. MS man opening oil and gas door. CU of gauge. MS man talking. CU of operation lights. GVs of men in control room. CU wheel being turned. MS man pushing against pipe. 2S men. WS refinery chimney. Shots of Anglo-Iranian's first toner ship, 'British Sailor' on her maiden voyage. CU of Kuwaiti flag. WSs flags flying over Britannic House. WS Abdullah Al-Salem Al-Sabah, ruler of Kuwait, walking down steps of Britannic House. MLSs of Al-Sabah with Sir William Fraser, Chairman of Anglo-Iranian. Al-Sabah and Fraser get into car. Car drives off, Al-Sabah waves. 10:04:35 WS four men waiting at station as train pulls in. WS the men greet Sultan of Lahej and entourage for visit to Kent refinery. MSs of men shaking hands. WS car drives to refinery. HA CU of refinery, camera pans down to Sultan and group walking. GVs of the group at the refinery including shot of vessel. Trav WS of ships at sea at the Spithead coronation review. WS 'British Sailor'. 150 guests on board the ship celebrating. MSs hosts and guests signing photograph of the ship. 10:05:55 WS sandstorm in desert in Aden. WSs barracks in sandstorm. CU rocks being dropped next to sea. WS men working over oil well. WS pan across refinery area with mountains in BG. 10:06:42 WS man and woman walking on pavement next to London buses. WSs buses driving along continental town road as part of a 'Made in Britain' publicity drive. Buses travel from London-Zurich-Germany-Denmark-Sweden and back to London carrying BP posters. 10:07:25 WSs car driving along road at Kirkuk oilfield. CU of sign on wire fence of oilfield stating the amount of oil drilled. WS of refinery. GVs of inauguration by King Feisal II of 30 inch pipeline from Kirkurk to Mediterranean port of Banius (sp?). Shots of King Feisal and another man turning wheel. CU of gauge. 10:08:05 Sign 'D'Arcy Explorations Co'. GVs of test well in Sicily being blessed by priest before being 'flooded in'. CU pan down derrick to drill bit. CU of drill bit. CU of globe spinning. WS snow-covered mountains of Alberta, Canada. CUs of newspaper clippings. WS of Alberta mountains. CU Britannic House. Caption 'The 10:09:07 END.